Fertility Centre for Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) in India
International Fertility Centre is a renowned fertility centre in India that offers many infertility treatments. IFC has the highest success rates in India for a varied range of infertility treatments such as IVF, IUI, ICSI, Surrogacy, etc. Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) is one of the infertility treatments offered at IFC and has been successfully delivering the best possible result.
Understanding the concept of Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) is the process of analyzing an embryo to detect presence of any genetic disease or chromosomal defect before implanting it into the woman’s uterus. It is the most effective way of reducing and lowering the risk of passing on of genetic disease or abnormality to the child. It is an advanced technique in the field of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ARTs) and is practiced during an IVF treatment.
It is a common misconception among people that PGD is a gender selection method. Well, it is not. International Fertility Centre (IFC) follows the most ethical and moral route while treating its patients and does not at all encourage or practice gender selection. We only offer PGD; that is, we do not implant an embryo into a woman’s uterus if there is any presence of diseases like STIs, chromosomal abnormalities, diabetes etc. Moreover, it is also based on the couples’ choice whether they want to continue with the pregnancy after findings of any defect in an embryo. IFC aims for delivering a healthy child and improving women’s welfare.
When do we offer PGD?
- Women who are aged above 35
- Suffering from any STIs, STDs, Chromosomal abnormalities
- Recurrent miscarriages or more than three IVF cycle failure
- Presence of any genetic disorder
Procedure of PGD at International Fertility Centre
- Stimulation of ovaries for better quality egg production with the help of medicinal drugs.
- Egg retrieval during ovulation period and selection of best eggs.
- Placing an egg and sperm in Petri dish for fertilization to form an embryo.
- Successfully fertilized embryos are grown in the laboratory for 2-3 days until the cells have divided and the embryo consists of around 8 cells. An embryologist removes one or two of the cells (blastomeres) from the embryo.
- The extracted cells are analyzed to detect if the embryo from which they were removed contains any gene that will cause harmful genetic condition in the family.
- The unaffected and healthy embryo is implanted into the woman’s uterus for further growth.
- Any spare embryo is kept frozen for any further requirement.
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) reduces the chances of miscarriage and improves the conditions for successful IVF treatment.
Get world class Infertility Treatment at the most affordable prices with high Success Rates. Consult Us now by submitting your queries in the section mentioned below or write us at email@example.com