Preimplantation Genetic Screening (PGS)
PGS stands for Preimplantation Genetic Screening, a test to assess genetic forms i.e. the chromosomal material of the embryo before implantation. It helps in checking the embryo’s chromosomes for detection of any chromosomal abnormalities. Chromosomal defects are a major cause for the failure of embryos to implant and result in miscarriages/abortions. PGS analyze the chromosomal status of an embryo by medical screening of all 23 chromosome pairs prior to the transfer in an IVF cycle.
- Successful implantation rates.
- Enhances the success rates for single embryo transfer.
- Improve success rates of fertility in females above 35 years.
- Detection of chromosomal abnormalities prior to implantation.
Conditions for PGS Treatment
- Frequent miscarriages
- Repeated IVF Failures
- In case of either partners having any hereditary disorders like color blindness or Thalassemia.
Although it depends on medical condition of patients and doctor decide that PGS is required or not.
Steps for PGS Testing
- Process of IVF treatment takes place where eggs are collected and fertilized.
- Development of embryo occurs for 3-5 days.
- Embryologist removes cell through a biopsy technique.
- The chromosomes are then checked for any abnormalities.
- Healthy embryo is selected and transferred into the uterus.
- Remaining healthy embryos are frozen.
Advantages of PGS Treatment in Delhi at IFC
- Unlike the conventional FISH technique where only five chromosome pairs are screened, we check all the 23 chromosome pairs.
- Array CGH is a modern micro-array procedure for genetic screening.
- Reports are received in the least possible time to ensure a fresh blastocyst transfer.
- A team of IVF specialists and Embryologists takes extensive care of the complete screening process.
- IFC follows international standards and maintains a very well-equipped lab.
If you are looking low cost PGS Treatment in Delhi, best PGS in India, please write us at email@example.com or contact us today at +91 – 95555 44421 / 22 / 23.