Five Fertility Tests That You Should Know
Since there are many underlying causes of infertility in men and women, a number of tests figure out the problem what is going on. Here are some of the basic fertility tests that couples should be aware of if they want to check their fertility.
1. Checking for ovulation: Your ovulation cycle. Whether you are ovulating normally, the first thing that your doctor is going to check. To know you’re ovulating is checked through a combination of blood tests (to check for hormone levels) and an ultrasound of your ovaries (this allows your doctor to see whether or not an egg’s been released).
2. Hysterosalpingogram (HSG): An x-ray that looks at the uterus and fallopian tubes. It investigates the shape of uterine cavity and reveals problems like fibroids which can create disturbances in the process of fertilization.
3. Laparoscopy: This minimally invasive surgery is done under general anesthesia. Laparoscopy is used to find problems such as cysts, adhesions, fibroids, and infection.
4. Hysteroscopy: is the inspection of the uterine cavity by endoscopy with access through the cervix. It allows for the diagnosis of intrauterine pathology and serves as a method for surgical intervention (operative hysteroscopy). An outpatient procedure done under general anesthesia; your doctor uses tools to examine the uterus and to possibly remove fibroids, polyps, or scar tissue.
5. Ovarian reserve testing: A series of tests that measure the number and health of your eggs; it helps your doctor determine whether you’re a good candidate for fertility medications or assisted technology like IVF.
Get world class Infertility Treatment at the most affordable prices with high Success Rates. Consult Us now by submitting your queries in the section mentioned below or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org