Is white discharge common during pregnancy?
White discharge can be matter of concern when you are pregnant. Women or expecting women both observe vaginal discharge. However, the quantity and consistency of the vaginal discharge may vary in terms of frequency in women.
Usually, women report of white, thick and creamy vaginal discharge. Sometimes, it is clear in appearance and it is not any infectious disease. Such a discharge is normal during pregnancy even if it increases in amount. It prevents any infection that may reach the uterus through vagina. If the discharge turns heavier and causes itching, it may be due to inflammation leading to more production of mucus. In such a situation, it needs urgent evaluation by the best gynecologist.
If you experience the following changes in the discharge, you should consult your doctor immediately:
- Yellowish or greenish discharge
- Thick and curd-like
- Foul smell
- Pain during intercourse or urination
- Itching or Soreness
Tips to deal with white vaginal discharge:
- Wear clean innerwear, preferable cotton which is not too tight
- Maintain proper hygiene
- Avoid using scented wipes or bubble baths
- Do not use scented soap or vaginal wash with harsh chemicals
- Keep your vaginal area clean and dry
- Avoid smoking as it weakens your immunity and makes you more susceptible to bacterial infections
- Consume good amount of yogurt as it has antibiotic properties and ensures healthy bacterial balance
- Refrain from vaginal deodorants
Pregnancy is a phase that demands special care and attention from everyone involved, especially the would-be mother. Every expecting woman should go for regular check-ups and tests and take note of every unexpected sign in her body so that it can be diagnosed and treated well in time. If women notice white discharge in their early pregnancy weeks or months, it needs proper evaluation to rule out any infection or any other possible cause. If you feel anything unusual then immediately visit a best gynecology clinic, get a vaginal examination done to identify the cause and follow the antibiotic course as prescribed because vaginal health should be prime concern for every woman.
Get world class Infertility Treatment at the most affordable prices with high Success Rates. Consult Us now by submitting your queries in the section mentioned below or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org