Role of Diet in PCOS Symptoms Management
PCOS is a typical women’s problem troubling their reproductive abilities. It is generally characterized by irregular menses and sudden weight gain. Most women suffering from PCOS find themselves overweight in addition to the problem of unwanted hair growth on face, neck and abdomen. Over production of hormones cause the formation of multiple cysts in the ovaries.
Now, the point is can your diet help make a difference to your PCOS condition. A healthy diet impacts your overall health and so it becomes more crucial to plan a diet in order to manage your PCOS symptoms. It can help in maintaining healthy weight and regulating insulin levels.
Connection Between diet and PCOS:
A lot of women suffering from PCOS are found to be insulin resistant or possessing high insulin levels. Higher levels of insulin may deviate the hormonal functioning of the body causing more production of androgen. This is what makes it very important to regulate the blood insulin levels. If you ignore it and keep taking a diet high in refined carbohydrates, your blood insulin level is going to rise.
Let us have a look on what should you include and what to exclude in your diet for better management of PCOS:
Foods you should include in your diet:
- Green leafy vegetables high in nutrients like calcium, magnesium, iron etc.
- Foods rich in Vitamin B as it play an important role in managing the symptoms of PCOS
- Mineral and Fibre rich fresh fruits like cherries, apple, plums, orange etc.
- Colorful vegetables high in antioxidants like carrots, tomatoes, Bell Peppers
Foods you should avoid:
- Foods with high Glycaemic Index like mashed potatoes, rice cakes etc
- Foods high in Saturated and transfats like red meat, can cause increased production of Oestrogen so they should be avoided
- High amount of dairy products like milk
- Soy products are a big no for women with PCOS
If you have any queries related to this, please let us know by submitting your queries in the section mentioned below or write us at email@example.com or call us at +919555544421