Safety tips to stay safe and healthy this winter season
The unexpected weather changes affect everyone before the onset of next season. However, in winter season, people should take extra precautions to keep themselves in good health.
Here are a few tips that will help you stay safe:
- Wear light-weight warm clothing to keep yourself warm. Couple your dress with gloves, caps or socks as per comfort.
- In case of cold or fever, visit a physician immediately.
- Avoid having chilled water and prefer warm or normal temperature water.
- Once you wake up, do not jump out of bed all of a sudden. Instead, sit for 5 minutes and once your body adjusts to the current temperature then get moving.
- Take multivitamins that will keep your immunity levels high and ensure healthy well-being.
- Do regular exercise and practice yoga for better blood and oxygen flow and keep away breathing issues.
- Take bath with lukewarm water. Avoid hot water baths as it may dry out your skin.
- Use a hydrating moisturizer to keep your face and body moisturized throughout the day.
- Eat foods with ginger, coconut oil, cinnamon and complex carbohydrates like oatmeal, brown rice. These will improve your immunity, metabolic rate and digestive system.
How To Prepare Your House For The Winter
- Check whether the power supply is in top condition.
- Ensure that alternative heating sources are well-maintained.
- Keep at least one or two torchlight ready in case of power outage
- Be extra careful while using generators, stoves and other gas burning devices like chimneys.
Special Safety Tips For Children and Infants
Children and infants are most prone to catch cold and hence, require special attention.
Here are few measures you can follow to keep your child warm and safe:
- Ensure that your child’s clothes dry and warm.
- The child should be able to breathe properly while wearing layers of clothes. Clothes made of a combination of Lycra and wool is favorable.
- When your child goes to school, he/she comes in contact with other people and may catch cold or flu more quickly than adults. In this case, make sure that your child washes his/her hands properly.
- Use a moisturizing lotion or do coconut or olive oil massage once a week to prevent drying of baby’s sensitive skin.
Winters are the most enjoyable season of the world. You just need to follow some tips right from the onset of winters that will keep you in good health throughout the season. Also, take care of elderly people as they have low immunity levels against cold compared to adults. Apart from this, take good of yourself, drink lots of water and stay physically fit.
Get world class Infertility Treatment at the most affordable prices with high Success Rates. Consult Us now by submitting your queries in the section mentioned below or write us at email@example.com